JessicaRenee520

Embellished flower flipflops

These are Target brand flip flops that I embellished for my mom for Mother's Day. I was excited to find a crochet project that she would enjoy, and she loves flip flops.

The black yarn is Lilly and Cream and the pink yarn is a cotton Plymouth yarn (that I got from a LYS) that has two strands of pink throughout, and then two of the ply strands vary in color [This yarn feels very luxurious].

There is no pattern for this. Although I consulted many flip flop embellishment idea, I essentially just made it up as I went along. I single crocheted around the straps then stitched on a basic flower.

My mother in law recieved a pair of these as well, with a yellow flower, but I forgot to take a pic. Oops.

post-19233-135897416685_thumb.jpg

Those are lovely. I was just talking with a friend last night about 'dressing up' a pair of flip flops. I will definitely have to give it a shot. Thanks for sharing.

Very pretty. I have done this many times for family and friends. The kids love them and come to me when they get new flip flops so we can decide on how to decorate them. I use fun fur and it comes out really nice too.

Very cute.

Good idea! very cute!