in top of beg ch-3?

catwoman

Question

10 answers to this question

Happy Stitcher did an excellent job of describing it. I couldn't think of a way to describe it easily. That's a first (I think) I was at a lost for words. I haven't checked but maybe somewhere on the internet you might find a video/visual of this. You might try You Tube or Annie's Attic has an instructional site for crochet. Don't know if it is a visual site though. Enjoy your crocheting.

Do try to insert your hook under TWO loops for the chain or you will have a distorted-looking stitch. I spent YEARS wondering why my turning chains looked SOOO weird until I learned to slip the hook under two threads. :think

It also helps to know ahead of time you'll be slip stitching into the chain, so that you can make it extra-loose. :hook

Do try to insert your hook under TWO loops for the chain or you will have a distorted-looking stitch. I spent YEARS wondering why my turning chains looked SOOO weird until I learned to slip the hook under two threads. :think

It also helps to know ahead of time you'll be slip stitching into the chain, so that you can make it extra-loose. :hook

Would this also be true for doing either a sl or a sc in let's say a ch 5 row? I am working on a pattern where you do ch 5's alone with other stitches and then when you do the next row it says to sc in each ch 5. Do you go under two threads or just the top one? This has always confused me. Sometimes it's hard to get under two threads.

Sorry for hijacking this thread!

Would this also be true for doing either a sl or a sc in let's say a ch 5 row? I am working on a pattern where you do ch 5's alone with other stitches and then when you do the next row it says to sc in each ch 5. Do you go under two threads or just the top one? This has always confused me. Sometimes it's hard to get under two threads.

Sorry for hijacking this thread!

just want to add that if it says to sc in the ch-5 space, then you don't work into the chain itself, but under it. http://crochet.about.com/library/blchainspace.htm

just want to add that if it says to sc in the ch-5 space, then you don't work into the chain itself, but under it. http://crochet.about.com/library/blchainspace.htm

No, the pattern I'm working on says to do a sc in each ch 5. So I don't know if I'm suppose to go through the two top loops, or if I'm suppose to just pick on of the top loops?

No, just work a sc in the loop--NOT in the chain stitch. This had me confused when I started crocheting years and years ago too! :yes

No, the pattern I'm working on says to do a sc in each ch 5. So I don't know if I'm suppose to go through the two top loops, or if I'm suppose to just pick on of the top loops?

Think of 'each chain 5' as being 1 entity -- forget the individual stitches. Let's call it a bridge. So you make a sc in each bridge. You don't put the sc INTO any of the individual chain stitches. You will make the sc AROUND the bridge. Afterwords you will be able to slide the sc back and forth across the bridge, although it will look better in the middle. :hook

Archived