Chakra Purse -Finished!

jeannej

It's a great looking purse! I was a little surprised tho'... I thought it would be multi-colored, as chakra items so often are. Do you know why it was named so? Just wondering...:)

Thank you, Triskele - The shape of the purse and the texture of the pattern are what caught my eye.

I was a little surprised tho'... I thought it would be multi-colored, as chakra items so often are. Do you know why it was named so? Just wondering...:)

Good question! -I havent' a clue, though, as to why this purse sports the 'chakra' tag. I am not familiar with how it relates to color and only slightly familiar with the term as having something to do with energy that flows through our body (chakra points). Hopefully someone might have some insight on how the term relates to the purse. I don't know, but I do know that I like it! = : )

A grateful thank you to everyone, for your kind comments. It is so nice to hear the opinions of those who know the art of crochet and what goes into making any given project. (((GRATEFULHUGS)))

Thanks for answering, I was just curious. I don't know the exactly which color goes with which chakra either, only that there are correlations of some kind. Yes, the shape and texture are very appealing. This seems to be one of those purses that you could happily have in every color! Fun lining you chose! Very nice indeed.

The pattern has a matching scarf with the chakra symbols, so I guess the purse took its name from that.

I hadn't even noticed the matching scarf -It's cute! In checking it out, though, at least the scarf I looked at, it showed heart-shaped musical notes (love notes) along it's length...Oh, I see! -I just googled Chakra Points and see that one of the seven (#4) is the heart -So that's the link! Thank you for the your insights on this TaleWeaver - It's a good day when I can close it with some newfound knowledge. = : )

I went to the Carons site to get a look at this purse/scarf but couldn't find it. Did you have to buy the pattern? It wasn't amoung the free patterns...

I went to the Carons site to get a look at this purse/scarf but couldn't find it. Did you have to buy the pattern? It wasn't amoung the free patterns...

Nope, this Caron pattern is free, Triskele. You can find it here:

http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/chakra/chakra_1.html

• 5 months later...

I love yours, the lining is awesome, too. I just finished one of these recently and wish I had made it in a more neutral color. (oh well, have to make another one someday...) :hook Great work. :)

:day Thank you, ladies!

Tina, I think your color choice is a kick! I love it!!! Neutral colors, anyhow, hey -just like sensible shoes, there'll be time enough well on down the road for such safe choices. Color your world, kiddo! :yes

Archived