Chakra Purse -Finished!

jeannej

Just a quick post to share my first ever 'Show & Tell" of my finished first ever purse. The Chakra Purse, shared here and patterned on Caron's website, caught my eye and I just had to give it a try. Despite a couple frogs first off (until I caught on to ending the pattern rows properly) and then a snag piecing the parts together at the finish line (but learning from Toni that having the sides "face" did not mean facing each other), I am very happy with the how things turned out. Oh, and getting reacquainted with 'reverse crochet' for the final trim, after so many years, wasn't as bad as I had anticipated.

post-29383-13589741608_thumb.jpg

I've never lined anything before but I was pleasantly surprised at how that turned out as well on this piece, using a rayon/silk, although I wish I had chosen a different pattern/color -The material I used was from a shop's slim-pickin's remnants; I should have headed for the wonderful selection on bolts.

post-29383-135897416085_thumb.jpg

Still, don't ya just love it when a plan comes together?! = : D

I'd like to thank rshseaeagle (Toni) for her kind assistance in helping me sew things up! (((GRATEFULHUGS))) and to the entire Crochetville community for the goldmine of inspiration!

That is beautiful! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I love the lining. You did a great job on this purse.

And, welcome to the ville. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Jeanne,

You are very welcome for the help. It was my pleasure to assist!

The purse came out FANTASTIC!!!! You did a superb job with it. You should be VERY proud.

Despite it's little hitches, it really was a fun pattern to work and I also enjoyed making it. It was one of those projects you are really proud of once it's done!

I gave the one I made to my MIL and she uses it every day. She absolutely loves it.

I like the material you used for the lining too. It goes excellent with the bag.

TLOL,

Toni

Thank you for your kind words, everyone! Making the Chakra Purse was a delightful project to work on. I think, though, should I work up another purse down the road, I may try lining it with a heftier fabric to help give it just a bit more body. Thanks for letting me share. = : )

Oh, and LOL, HappyOldCro! ("...Sort of like wearing fancy lingerie under a plain dress")

It is great!!! and the lining makes it special, and whimsical. Sort of like wearing fancy lingerie under a plain dress :devil

LOL!! I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I was looking at the pics!

You did a wonderful job on the bag AND the linning! :clap I have that pattern in my folder, I just havent gotten aroung to making it, but seeing your bag is making me want to go drag it out and get to stitching! :hook

Archived