Hooked by my Husband

lol it's great! your dd is so pretty too! gotta love the red hair! :hook if he enjoys it you may be making som $$ soon i'm sure a lot of people would love to buy handmade hooks!

allena

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the most amazing hook Ive ever seen! Ive got to try and get my dad to make me one that big! It must take only a few minetes to make a scarf with a hook that big!

Your DD looks so sweet with the big hook!

That is a really neat hook what is it made from?

My DH makes me a few things but he thinks Ive lost it, :eek I had him mount a tp holder on a board for me to hold crochet cotten so I didnt have to chase it all over the house But he would never make me a crochet hook:hook

With so many seemingly interested in purchasing this hook, just out of curiousity, what would you suggest or be willing to pay for this type of hook? I almost have my husband convince to make them for everyone. Also would you want the hook polished or unfinished?

Oh, I would SO buy one in a store. He should try selling it as an auction on Ebay, as a decorative item. AND if he is any good at woodburning, he could sell them as a custom order, and add the customer's name or store name on it before shipping. Or if you know someone that could paint a pretty name on it, that would be nice, too. If I were in a store, I would probably pay between 15-20 dollars for it just plain and varnished. It would look great in my office. I'm sure some yarn stores would love one, too. OH, I just had another idea! If he can make them a bit smaller, and different lengths, he could make crochet hook CLOCKS with them (the hooks being the clock hands)! And the face of the clock could be a picture of a big ball of yarn! That would be such a cool thing to have!

Ok, I'll stop now....

Simply beautiful and I'd buy one for $15-$20 in a heartbeat. Idea just sprang to mind...what about making something similiar to a 'quilt' rack to display crocheted blankets... with each of the ends the giant crochet hook? :think Just popped into my head :blush

I like it! A place to display afghans beside the bed where the dogs lay on them!

--SarahC

Simply beautiful and I'd buy one for $15-$20 in a heartbeat. Idea just sprang to mind...what about making something similiar to a 'quilt' rack to display crocheted blankets... with each of the ends the giant crochet hook? :think Just popped into my head :blush

Please encourage your husband to make more.

Your adorable little daughter looks pretty proud of what her dad made-LOL.

Have you settled on a price yet?

Please email me with info about purchasing if y'all do decide to sell them.

Thanks,

Joyce in TX:cheer PLEASE remember to notify me if you sell any-LOL

What a great conversation piece.......it would really show that you were a hooker with one of those in your house. :manyheart Love it, love the idea of the halloween costume for your daughter. It's one of those things that would be fun to have :hook Maria

• 3 weeks later...
Oooh! That hook would be awesome to put up on the wall or against the wall :D You know, like people display their sword collection - display your hooks! :)

omg that's the funniest thing ever...hooks crossed over the fireplace

• 3 weeks later...

You know, if you could get a ball of wood and make it look like a ball of yarn, maybe stain it some colors, then put that hook and the "yarn" on the wall, it would make for some very impressive decoration!!!! I bet your husband could even sell it for a handsome price!

Melanie

I got my big hook over the weekend and absolutely love it!!!!! Now to hang it in my craft room. It's great and Tandy's hubby did a great job on it!! :ty Tandy & your hubby.

Archived