The Crochet Answer Book

I've just bought this book from Amazon, the reviews are all great for this book. As a beginner, I find myself getting stuck on quite a few patterns, not understanding what they mean, this book will help me with that problem. Here is a review for it..

http://jenpc.pnn.com/articles/show/43041-book-review-the-crochet-answer-book

Yeah I borrowed that book from the library and yes it is a terrific book you will love it and find it very helpful

I love my copy of the book. I refer to it quite often. One day when I was first getting started on Facebook, I found the author Edie Eckman on Facebook. I believe I was checking out a couple of crochet groups on Facebook with the intention of joining when I noticed she was listed in one of the groups. I sent her a message telling her how much I love her book. She sent me a very nice reply back.

Yes, this is an extremely helpful book. I always recommend it as a resource for my crochet students. I got to meet Edie at the National Needlearts Association market this past Sunday and she is very sweet. Her most recent book is the one on crochet motifs.

I am a book lover as well as crocheter and have over 2 dozen :eek "learn to crochet" and "handbook/tips" books. I always think the next one will make me a better crocheter! :rolleyes

This book is my very favorite and the one i carry with me. I bought Edie Eckman's other book, "Beyond the Square," after using this book and love it also. I can't recommend it highly enough. :yay:yay:yay

• 2 weeks later...
I am a book lover as well as crocheter and have over 2 dozen :eek "learn to crochet" and "handbook/tips" books. I always think the next one will make me a better crocheter! :rolleyes

This book is my very favorite and the one i carry with me. I bought Edie Eckman's other book, "Beyond the Square," after using this book and love it also. I can't recommend it highly enough. :yay:yay:yay

I just got my copy of beyond the square with 144 motifs and I love it! Can't wait to see what I can make from all those shapes!:crocheting

• 1 month later...

I think I saw Beyond the Square at Joann's when I was picking up a replacement hook for the H that I had somehow lost on my way home from work a while back but had been using constantly for the granny ripple afghan I'm working on.

In my earlier post to this thread I said how much I love my How to Crochet answer book. Well I love it so much that I am now anxiously awaiting delivery of Beyond the Square book. I ordered it last week from Overstock.com. I know I am going to love it just as much as the Answer Book. Whenever I have had a problem or just wondered about something I've gone to the Answer Book and found the answer. Plus it was easy to understand so I just know I won't have any problems making any of the Beyond Square motifs. Hurry, hurry postman.

• 3 years later...

I know this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I've found a problem with my Crochet Answer Book: In the index it states that floral motifs can be found on page 264 - but they can't, in fact, I can't see floral motifs anywhere in the book. Anyone else have this problem or can tell me if they are in fact hiding in the book somewhere? 

Archived