HappyOldCro

Inactive members???

I think this is sort of wish list related and then maybe not...

What if you go through the lists and find that you can share, buy or give something on a few of the lists, and ask for addresses, then ship the package, how do we know if the people are active members? Does the ville eliminate people if they have been inactive? Or is a member on the lists forever?

I don't want to just give to people I know, but I would like to know that the people I do send to are still involved with crochet/other fiber crafts, so that the gifts aren't going to waste when someone else could have used it.

Well, if you are not sure, you could always look and see when they were last on.

A couple of times I sent stuff to a member or two and they had not been on for a while, and they came back.

I am not saying you should anyway, but check on their profile and see when they were on last.

I am sure Aunt Bubbles and/or Terri/LadySorce can and will answer better.:hook

I'm almost certain that I read something regarding this recently that stated that inactive members wish lists are removed but not deleted, that way if they come back their lists can be revived.

When I clicked on your wishlist link it took me to someone elses list which must mean that lists have been removed from the group you're in.

Ok... MaryJo said it best. All you have to do is check their profile and 99.9% of the time it will tell you when they last log on to C'Ville.

Auntbubbles and myself do try to keep the lists updated. I can't speak for Auntbubbles, but I do try to go thru the lists about every 2 months and check EVERYONE'S profile. If they have not been on line for about 2 months, then I pull their wish list and place it in the "Inactive" file.

If you are not sure, you can always sent a PM to either myself or Auntbubbles.

Hope this helps out some.

Ok... MaryJo said it best. All you have to do is check their profile and 99.9% of the time it will tell you when they last log on to C'Ville.

Auntbubbles and myself do try to keep the lists updated. I can't speak for Auntbubbles, but I do try to go thru the lists about every 2 months and check EVERYONE'S profile. If they have not been on line for about 2 months, then I pull their wish list and place it in the "Inactive" file.

It helps alot, thanks. DH kept asking me if I how I knew that the people were still here. I figured you had something in place, but I have to keep my yarn policeman happy...:lol

I can speak for auntbubbels and I do the same as Terri - I periodically go and check all the members last activity date. I just did it recently and unfortunately lost the paper that I used to write down all inactive members. So I have to go back again.

But I will say for the most part, the wish lists are current.

If you happen to come across someone who has been inactive for over one month, let us know.

It's good to check activity and I'm glad to hear y'all check every two month and not every two weeks, as during the school year I'm not near as active as during the summer due to my work schedule.

Just another thought to throw out there. Some people's activity varies due to work or other life circumstances.

It's good to check activity and I'm glad to hear y'all check every two month and not every two weeks, as during the school year I'm not near as active as during the summer due to my work schedule.

Just another thought to throw out there. Some people's activity varies due to work or other life circumstances.

I'm not sure if you mean another thought for admin or other members to think about. I *think* you meant it for other members to think about, in the sense that a relatively short two-month absence shouldn't always be seen as an indication that someone has permanently left Crochetville. :) People may need to take a break of that length as far as actively posting, possibly even reading, but they still consider themselves active members during that time.

If that's what you mean, then Donna and I agree with you! :clap By having our RAOK coordinators check activity members of those with wish lists every two to three months, we'll catch most of those who really are sort of "inactive" for awhile, but Janet and Terri won't have all sorts of work moving around wish lists for those who aren't truly "inactive," but just got temporarily caught up in work or personal life for a short period. Not to mention vacations!

If I've totally misunderstood what you meant to say, please let me know. It's been a hectic week this past week, and my reading comprehension might be a wee bit off! :D

Would it be easier if you checked when someone asked for an address? Instead of having to go through everything every 3 months.

I don't know how many requests you get, it is just a thought to try and make the job easier for you lovely and dedicated ladies.

I just took a long break from here. When I am not crocheting a lot or have other things going I just don't come here.

As far as I know my wish list is still active.

Would it be easier if you checked when someone asked for an address? Instead of having to go through everything every 3 months.

I don't know how many requests you get, it is just a thought to try and make the job easier for you lovely and dedicated ladies.

One would think it would be that easy.

BUUUTttttttttttt, again, can't speak for Auntbubbels, I don't get that many requests.

My pen and paper get dusty waiting for someone to PM me for an address.. lol (No way am I hinting for someone to rush out and look for something to RAOK).

I don't get that many requests either.

I dont mind reviewing the online status because I think its important to keep the lists up to date so when members are looking thru it they are looking at other members that have been active members.

But I am also going to check the online status when a members address is requested - thats a great idea

This thread prompted my to go update my list! I'd run across something I'd got for myself already. So, thanks for that reminder.

I've RAOK'd a couple of people. I loved doing that. I advise everyone who wants a warm fuzzy to participate.

Elise

I am happy to see this adressed, it was a question in the RAOK CAL I started, but then I got sick and it sunk like the titanic :(.

Me, when I RAOK, I look at the lists, look for someone who I have seen post lately, thats IF I am healthy enough..lol..and kinda go from there....

For some reason it does seem the RAOKS have plumeted, I think it is due to the economy myself, which is sad, but a fact of life....

I LOVE RAOK'n.....LOVE it......so thanks for this thread, and I believe Terri and AuntBubbles need to get busy..hehehehe so I will cruise the lists myself....however I ALSO see the Holiday in July RAOK is comming up, so that alone will be busy, and FUN!!!

HUGS

JoAnn

PS=putor savings.......lol...BIG HUGE THANKS GO OUT TO TERRI AND AUNTBUBBLES for their hard work!!!

Yes they are fun for both parties, the giver and the receiver. I admit that PO shipping is getting high, but you can send something smaller and it doesn't have to be brand new either. It isn't just for friends, I browse through my group first and then through the others. I don't look for specific names, just for something I can share or give that I bought and am not using. Or something you can make with spare skeins or scraps.

Just something to say that there is someone who does care!!! It can make a big difference in some crafters life...And if you can share whole skeins or bigger items, do it!!

Who knows you may be the next one to receive? Pass the blessings on...

And just remember - it doesn't have to be a gift in a box. You can really make someone's day with a postcard or a letter. It doesn't cost much but the receiver will appreciate the time and effort you put into it. :)

A pm just to say Hi how are you or even have a great day. It let's you know that someone is there is you need them and that they are thinking of you.:hook

And just remember - it doesn't have to be a gift in a box. You can really make someone's day with a postcard or a letter. It doesn't cost much but the receiver will appreciate the time and effort you put into it. :)

A pm just to say Hi how are you or even have a great day. It let's you know that someone is there is you need them and that they are thinking of you.:hook

:blush Thank You ladies for adding this, I am embarrased for not mentioning it... Although I have to admit I never though of them as a RAOK, unless the person put on their wish list that this was what they wanted. Guess because even though it is an act of kindness, they aren't anonymous, and certainly not random, it just didn't enter my mind...

Edited by HappyOldCro
addendum