Crochet Ball Toys for Dogs: Updated with Link to ball toy pattern:

moomooo

Hi to all:

As many of you know I adopted My foxie from a local animal clinic and since then i have been crocheting blankies and kitty beds and now toys to donate to the animal clinic ..

So here are 14 crocheted balls i made for them with squeekers inside..

enjoy... the receptionist went bonkers when she saw the balls... I told her they were Foxie proof so they are good for all doggies...

Well for all of you that wanted a pattern to make the balls... I just found this one and its jus about the same thing i do so this pattern will work for you all...

http://www.snugglesproject.org/content/view/38/29/

enjoy there you all will also find blankie patterns etc....

Enjoy:

post-6956-135897414813_thumb.jpg

How wonderful of you to do something so nice for our "4 legged children". They are lovely toys. Thanks for sharing.

Hi ladies:

Well I use not one specific pattern for the balls but one pattern I use is called Donky Ball by Susie's Stuff... Here is the link to the free pattern..

Only thing is I stuff it with stuffing and close it all...

I also always use double strand of worsted weight yarn.

When i did one with cotton yarn being that doggies slobber alot the one i made Foxie I threw out cause it got slimmy and she was able to tear into it.. So from now i only use double strand of Worsted Weight Yarns.

But Debra Way I will mail you one as soon as I get another batch done....I promise i got your addy...

Hi ladies:

Well I use not one specific pattern for the balls but one pattern I use is called Donky Ball by Susie's Stuff... Here is the link to the free pattern..

Only thing is I stuff it with stuffing and close it all...

I also always use double strand of worsted weight yarn.

When i did one with cotton yarn being that doggies slobber alot the one i made Foxie I threw out cause it got slimmy and she was able to tear into it.. So from now i only use double strand of Worsted Weight Yarns.

But Debra Way I will mail you one as soon as I get another batch done....I promise i got your addy...

I have 3 Boxers, an Italian Greyhound and an American Eskimo I would love to make these for, but your link isn't working.

I also was wondering, do you just buy the squeak part at the pet store? Do you make the stuffing pretty tight inside the ball?

I'm so excited to make these. All our dogs love balls and we are always trying to find ones that they can't destroy.

These are pretty safe.... If my foxie the 1-1/2 year pommeranian wont destroy it them i thing it will be safe for all doggies...

For some reason foxie rips store bought toys and gets the stuffing out but she must know it take me time to make these so she dont mess with them ... I tell she plays with it all the time and hubby and her play tug a war with the ball and bang it all out of shape and it still holds its wonky looking shape but she still holding on....

If you do a google search and type in : Suzie's Stuff it will tale you to her site and then there you look up the pets section and it will take you to the ball Only remember I dont put things inside i stuff it nice and fit with stuffing and continue to crochet the opening shut and secure safely...

I will email amy as well to ask her a question to see if i can come up with some thing here for you ladies...

check back later again here.

To answer also the Squeaky parts...

I purchase them on ebay...

If you go to ebay and type in Squeakers for toys it will take you to where you can buy them.....

When i crochet a ball i take stuffing and put some into the ball then i take more stuffing and wrap the squeaker inside and then put it in the ball and add more stuffing around it...

Very cute! I had not tried the double strand- good idea. So far, my dogs destroy everything- but a double strand seems promising!

You can also get the squeakers in a pack of 3 (maybe 4) at Petsmart for about a $1. There may be some at other petstores, but I haven't looked. They are sold next to some of the smaller squeaker plushies as replacements.

Very Nice! I wonder if it would stand up to my dog. He rips everything apart. I had made a nice set of hot pads. He got one and chewed and unraveled it. Fortunately for him he's cute so I cant get to mad at him.

Thanks Jennawing for details of where to purchase the squeaker replacement as yes that is what they are called....

I got mines at ebay cause i bought a whole gross...

Two or even Three strands together is good... and the smaller the hook that you can crochet them strands with is better so you get a really tight stitch...

Melkrose,,, the balls are pretty much safe but i cant garantee they will survive all dogs...

hehehehehe

All i can say is my foxie is a destroyer of things even chews on crochet blankies ,,,, but for some reason she just wont destroy her crochet toys... i even made her a teddy bear with double yarn and put a squeaker in it and that too looks all wonky and she loves it too....

All i can tell you is maybe crochet one with three strands and do it while your pooch is around and when done with it give it to him and play with him right aways and maybe then he will not destroy it .... i was scared to give foxie anything and she surprised me...

I have pm'd Amy to see if i can post here the basic directions i use to make the balls...

Its really no ones pattern as its just a ball i do all in one piece..... So will let you all know when i hear from Amy.

Thank you ladies fior your kind words...

I never did hear back from Amy and i pm'd her twice so i guess I wont get a response...

Oh well I tried...

Any one wantng to know how I do just pm me and i'll walk you thru it...

oh my goodness.. what a great idea!! My sister has a little Yorkie that we're babysitting this summer when she goes away on vacation. And my Mom has a little mixed dog. These would be perfect for them!! :)

Archived