I am happy to be a member of Crochetville

I just joined Crochetville and am looking forward to participating. My name is Joan, I'm from West Palm Beach, Florida. I teach crochet through the Adult Education Program for the Palm Beach County School District, have taught crochet classes few times for CGOA. I will be teaching crochet in August for CGOA. I am CYCA Certified Crochet Instructor and completed Crochet Design of England, Part 1. I am an original member of CGOA, and was one of the first instructors at the 1992 Conference in Chicago at DePauw University. Just published my first book on crochet.:waving

:wavingHowdee from Nashville, TN and :welcome to Crochetville. You will :heart it here. I do. :-) Wishing you many more happy days of :crocheting to come. What is the name of your book? I would love to check it out. I am also a member of CGOA.

Welcome from Virginia!!! I agree, what a resume. I too would love to find out the name of your book.

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but what is CGOA?

Welcome, Joan! Guess what, everyone? She's going to be my roommate at Chain Link! I feel so honored to be sharing a room with her. :hook

Hello everyone:

Thank you for making me feel welcomed and special. The truth is, I am honored to be here with you. I am a lowly instructor giving back to the Universe the best way I know...simply answering questions.

Some of you asked about my book. The Title is: 336 Crochet Tips ! The Solutions Book For Crocheters. The book is available at Amazon.com and Target.com . (I don't have a website, yet). It started out as a manual for my classes. Because I teach all over Palm Beach County from Jupiter in the Northern part of the County to Boca Raton in the Southern part of the County, some 40 miles difference between the two schools, to the two schools in the middle of the County, Palm Springs and Boynton Beach. What students did not know (because the students in the north were not coming to the classes in the South and vis-a-vis) was that they were all asking me the same questions. I worked on the project from 2000 to 2008. The Syllabus evolved from a few pages to several pages to several hundred pages to over 280 pages of "...Tips!". "International Symbol Crochet" is addressed in the book as well as 23 other subjects.

I tried to get it published through well-known companies, but they would not support the project, because I had not "...been published enough". So, I am not one to be daunted, and took a class from Myra Wood at the CGOA conference last year, and she was awesome. She told me everything I needed to do, when I took her class, and how to do it. Viola! 336 Crochet Tips ! The Solutions Book For Crocheters [/b]was born.

Thank you for asking.

If I can help you in any way; please know that I am here for you...(after CGOA Conference--August 4 - 9).

Sincerely,

Archived