Hospice

bethintx1

I donate lap robes and wiggies to our local Hospice. The rep who delivers the items came by the community center and had to tell me about the gentleman who received one of my afghans. She teared up as she told the story.

He is younger than most of her patients. He has ALS. She gave him the afghan and he hugged it. He said, "For me?! This is really for Me?!" He didn't want to take it off and put it on his bed. He told her that he could not wait for his family to visit so he could show it to them.

This is the afghan. I combined the fibers for the multi colored yarn myself.:hook

That is a beautiful afghan. I know you are bursting with pride that you made someone so happy with all your hard work. God Bless You and your giving heart!

Beautiful afghan! No wonder he didn't want to take it off and put it on his bed.A reaction like that makes all that crocheting worth it.

What a beautiful afghan!!! So wonderful of you to donate it.

Your story touched my heart.

This is what it's all about..... this is why we crochet for charity.

Thank you for sharing your story and for sharing your talents with others. I'm so glad that you were told about how the young man appreciated the afghan. Your afghan is absolutely beautiful and I know he will treasure it and well as his family. :hug

:)that gave me chills .what a beautiful thing you did .It is so nice the blanket it is bigger then a lapgan.It goes to show there are many great people still here :manyheart.And it feels good to know how good you made this young man feel.i made some lapgans but they arent so big .is the one you made usually the right size for lapgan? you did a beautiful job .Thanks for shareing the story.God bless you :hug.In friendship theresa

• 1 year later...

That is such a beautiful afghan. I volunteer for Hospice & also make lots of items for them. The patients & families really appreciate the donations.

I also crochet afghans & shawls for hospice care here in South Jersey. The coordinator receives many thank you's and many times the afghan/shawl is buried w/that person. Patients & families are truly appreciative that someone took the time to make the item.

Archived