A "vent" about "sign in" websites

warmfuzzies

Is it just me, but I find it such a hassle to go to a website (e.g. LB) where you have to "sign in" with a user name and password every time you want to look up a pattern? Several years ago LB switched to a log on format, and it takes alot of the joy out of going on to their website. Now I usually just bypass those sites!

Thanks for reading this,

Juli from Texas

Some of these web sites (e.g. LB) use cookies to save your information. If your computer is set up to allow cookies and don't remove them, you should be able to access the site without signing in again. I delete cookies on my computer on a regular basis but I'm careful to leave the ones for Crochetville and other sites that I have a user name and password to sign in to.

I've only had to sign up and sign in to Lionbrand once, and then I can come and go as I please (no re-signing in every time I want to look at one of their patterns).

You might want to look into the cookies, as I agree, it would be a pain to log in every time.

I use Mozilla Firefox as my broswer. When I go to a new site that requires login, I enter the username and password, then Firefox brings up a window area at the top of the screen asking if I want it to remember my password. I tell it yes.

Then when I go back to those websites, and click the Login button, Firefox will automatically enter my username and password, so I just have to click a button to log in.

Often when I sign into a site, it will also ask me if it it wants me to have it remember my user id and or password (depending on the site). If I clear out my cookies, then I have to relog in every single site or if I shut it down improperly, I have to relog in also. And sometimes, even if I am supposed to be logged in, the website itself knocks it out. Why, I don't know but I just relog in.

LI Roe

I also use Firefox- and only ever have to re-log in if I've run a virus scan and it has cleared my cookies. Still, Firefox will remember your password and username and you just have to click the log-in button. Firefox is available for free download, and you will find it works way better for media and other things than Internet Explorer.

Archived