Acrylic Yarn

The Painted Bird

Hello!

I keep hearing about high quality acrylic yarn (Not LIon or Red Heart) and I'm very intrigued by it. Do any of you gals know which brands they are?

I would crochet with wool, but I've gotten allergic reactions so I'm stuck to acrylic in order to get the most out of my money.

If you're allergic to wool, try playing with the new bamboo yarns, soy yarns, or even silk! There are some amazing yarns out there. I catch myself "petting" them whenever I am in the store, so I just know there is a bamboo project coming up soon!

• 4 weeks later...

I use good quality acrylic for my mittens because bamboo or any other natural won`t give me the same effect as wool, Sirdar Super Soft Toddler (Aran) or others from Sirdar very nice substitute...

I have noticed that if they are 100% Courtelle (different variety of acrylic) they much nicer than 100% Acrylic yarns (well it is worth visit at the shop and touching all the available yarns - what I love to do :)

There are so many different brands and fibers out there I don't think you would have enough room to list them all. I am so lucky to have a really cool LYS just open near me so I have had the opportunity to see so many new and exciting yarns. :c9. There are some very high quality, different fiber yarns to work with, I have been amazed, some are cotton, soy, silk, bamboo, corn, sugar cane, linen and so many variations of acrylic it is amazing.

I have fallen in love with the Plymouth brand, my LYS carries it and it is very reasonably priced with many different fibers, Crystal Palace yarns is another and the Panda yarns are so very soft and wonderful.

There are ALOT of yarns out now with the texture and feel of wool type yarns but do not have wool in them. I think your best bet would be to try a LYS and see what you can feel and touch and ask about. I'm sure they will be glad to help.

TLOL,

Toni

Hello!

I keep hearing about high quality acrylic yarn (Not LIon or Red Heart) and I'm very intrigued by it. Do any of you gals know which brands they are?

I would crochet with wool, but I've gotten allergic reactions so I'm stuck to acrylic in order to get the most out of my money.

I like Tamm. I buy them from here:

http://www.btyarns.com/servlet/the-~--Tamm-Yarns/Categories

She mainly sells cones for machine knitters, but I find that I like the cones as well. She ships extremely quickly.

Archived