wire crochet

AuntChar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I love those !!

I've tried to work with wire and beads a couple of times but always put it aside as it hurt my fingers so much and I seemed to just struggle with getting the loops to look nice.

Any tips on making it look so nice?

-Teresa

Wonderful! I think the blue is my favorite, but I like the other set a lot, too!

I just rescued some jewelry DD was tossing out for this reason! She was tossing out beaded necklaces made of stones...some are purple, some white/clear, and some are hematite. I'm putting them away to try wire crochet, but first I really HAVE to finish some WIPs....especially since some are Christmas gifts. :ctree

I really want to try it, though.....I'm encouraged that you could make such nice things on your first attempt! :cheer

• 4 weeks later...

I have never realy liked the way wire crocheted up, always thought it was kinda ugly, But you have put a new perspective on it. WoW! That is gorgeous, I would actualy be proud to wear that. Of course mine would never turn out that good!

• 2 weeks later...
I love those !!

I've tried to work with wire and beads a couple of times but always put it aside as it hurt my fingers so much and I seemed to just struggle with getting the loops to look nice.

Any tips on making it look so nice?

-Teresa

Sorry for being so late in replying! I used a 28 gauge wire, which seemed pretty thin and flexible, and only used chain stitches. After I was done I tried to gently shape some of the stitches if it seemed like there was too big of a gap or it just looked funny somehow. I only tried frogging once, and my wire broke, so I won't be doing that again.

I tried doing some sc and dc and got frustrated with it very quickly! My finger got sore too, so I tried to stop once that started happening. After a few days I was able to go longer before it started hurting. I was going to try putting a band-aid on my finger with the padded part sitting where my finger gets sore, but I haven't done much wire work lately, unfortunately! :eekSince I'm out of practice, I think I will try that the next time I pick up some wire :ducky

you could also try using a higher gauge (the higher the gauge, the thinner the wire)... i wanted to try a 30 or 32 but the highest i could find was 28, so that's what i used.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived