VA Crocheters

I have been looking for some local crocheters to possibly do some craft shows with. (Not now, of course, probably in the fall). I don't have enough stuff to ever sell, so I'd be looking to split a table with someone or something.

I'd love to find someone local that I can talk about local crafting stuff with. I'm 16- some people have a problem with talking to people under 18. :)

I live in Ashburn, VA. I'd love to find some local people to trade yarn with and stuff! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I just joined, so I'm not sure of the ettiquite on this forum...

Anywho! I've been looking for some local crocheters, as I'm finally getting back into it (after a few years haitus). I would like to be able to make enough items to sell a few, and if you're looking at the fall, I may have some things by then.

Totally don't mind that you're 16, I'm not too far from that myself, being 22. Ugh...getting old sucks! :) So, it would be wonderful to speak to a younger crocheter around my age!

Oh yeah! I live near Tyson's, but my haunts are toward the Reston, Sterling, Vienna, areas. I'm in Sterling a lot! Actually, I just fought the rain going up to Sterling, then all the way up to Leesburg (Tractor Supply), and back home.

Feel free to PM me!

There is a knitting/crochet group that meets twice a month at the First Baptist Church on Elden Street in Herndon. It is called the Yarn-Yarn Sisterhood. If you are interested, look at the First Baptist Church , Herndon, VA website and you should be able to find the info. I go when I can and really enjoy it. They usually have a craft show in the fall and sell their creations.

There is a knitting/crochet group that meets twice a month at the First Baptist Church on Elden Street in Herndon. It is called the Yarn-Yarn Sisterhood. If you are interested, look at the First Baptist Church , Herndon, VA website and you should be able to find the info. I go when I can and really enjoy it. They usually have a craft show in the fall and sell their creations.

I looked up their website. It looks like they advertise themselves as a knitting group... Do you know if many people there crochet? Also, would they welcome someone not from their Church?

~Nina

I looked up their website. It looks like they advertise themselves as a knitting group... Do you know if many people there crochet? Also, would they welcome someone not from their Church?

~Nina

We started out as a knitting group, but crocheters wanted to join too. Anyone is welcome to join us. It's not affiliated with the church. We meet at the church because it is easily accessible. We are very informal and love to have new yarn-yarners drop by- men are welcome too!

• 4 months later...

I live in Dumfries but spend tons of time in Ashburn. I would love to meet up with people from this group somewhere in a nice, safe environment so we can just sit and do our craft and enjoy the "crochet talk" that I don't have with all the people in my life that don't crochet.

Archived