"My Stuff Bags" - great charity!

happyladybug

Hello - This may have been mentioned before, but anyone who wants to make and donate blankets and/or toys should check out this organization:

http://www.mystuffbags.org/

I first read about them through the "Maggie's Crochet" newsletter. It inspired me to begin my very first afghan! It is almost complete, and I will send it off to MSB with another blanket and a bunch of Beanie Babies. As I work on finishing this project, I keep imagining a small girl enjoying the pretty colors of the yarn, and maybe being inspired to some day learn to crochet. :yay

Great charity, especially if you're wanting some inspiration to make some bigger projects or if you're a newbie like me who needs practice!

:clap

Hilarie

I'm glad to hear about this charity. It sounds like a very worthwhile endeavor and since I keep making baby and children's items, sometimes without having a clear gift recipient in mind, this might be a good thing for me to do with some of my extra stuff.

Hello - Yes, this charity is great. It was started in 1999. I found out about it through the "Maggie's Crochet" newsletter, and it just kind of touched me. As I mentioned, it was perfect inspiration to start (and complete!) my first afghan.

I sent a box containing the afghan, a store-bought blanket, and dozens of Beanie Babies to them today. I will post something when I hear back from them, so everyone will know how it turns out. They have already been really responsive - I sent them an email to verify mailing requirements, and they responded very quickly.

Have an awesome day, and remember that MSB is grateful for EVERY donation, no matter how small or large.

:manyheart

Hilarie

• 1 year later...

this looks like something that i could really find fits me. I work for the police dept and we have to deal with meth in the homes of innocent child and also alot of abuse. i am going to get on this right away

I had never heard of this charity before, but what a wonderful idea. I totally want to donate!

This looks like something really Great!!

I see they give to quite a few places in VA...Wish they had something set up here that way there it could save on shipping...

But it looks like they are only located in CA.

Archived