Bookmarks? (PLEASE MAIL BY AUG 5) 497 soooo close!

wiz3283

As some of you may know, I am one of the volunteers in my community that reads to kids a few times a week. My community is in the process of building a new library and we hope to encourage people to read more books. Some of us were bouncing ideas around and came up with making and giving out bookmarks to the kids that come to our story time groups. Well the word has spread and we have now been asked if we would make bookmarks for the library to give out the day of the opening. Of course, we said yes and told them we would do what we could to help.

This is where I humbly ask if anyone would be willing to help us make bookmarkers? They can be crocheted, knitted, beaded, paper or whatever as long as they are bookmarks.

The library is schedule to open mid to late August so if you would like to help just PM me for my addy. I would like to have them mailed to me by August 1st please so we can sort them by type and package them for the library.

Thanking you all in advance:hug,

UPDATE: 8/4/09

As of this morning I have 497 bookmarks for the library. Just 3 to go for the 500 mark. I know I can whip up at least 3 more. :cheer:clap

For clarification: If you are planning to mail any out PLEASE have them in the mail no later than Aug 5. I am taking them to the library on Aug 15 and must have them baged, tagged, sorted and boxed so as long as I get them by the 12th I can still add them.

Thank you everyone!!!! :ghug

Tammy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Heart!!!!! I sent you my addy.

I will be out for part of the day today but I check the ville a few times a day so I will answer everyone as soon as I can.

Thanks again!!! :hug

Below are bookmarkers heading your direction......

Knit ones are attempts at lace knitting

Spiders are to honor my youngest nephew.....he is totally into Spiderman

Enjoy

post-3868-135897414714_thumb.jpg

post-3868-135897414718_thumb.jpg

Good luck with your bookmark collection!

I just wanted to suggest that you contact your local Girl Scout Council. Ours passes out bookmarks as recruiting tools. They may have some they'd like to place at the library. They may also be willing to tell their troops that you're collecting handmade bookmarks for the new library. Troops are always looking for different and easy service projects.

:yarn

Thank you Kelly! The kids are going to love the spiders.

Happy Stitcher - That is a good idea. We arleady have the local boy scouts helping out. Why not the girlscouts too. Thanks for the suggestion.

Linda my addy is on its way. Thank you!

Hi Tammy,

I put mine in the mail today, 6-10-09. There are 2 envelopes with two in each.

[ATTACH]3040[/ATTACH]

Bookmarks:

Blue Star

Yellow Sun

Brown Bunny

Red Heart

:hug

Linda

Linda those are adorable :hug

Below are bookmarkers heading your direction......

Knit ones are attempts at lace knitting

Spiders are to honor my youngest nephew.....he is totally into Spiderman

Enjoy

Thanks KellyA, but your bookmarks outdo mine by far. Great job on yours.

:manyheart

Linda

Oh, I feel like a genius. I think this is the first time I've ever followed a pattern without actually watching someone else do it first. WHOO HOO!!!!

This is a yellow oval bookmark. I'll look for more patterns and get more colors!

(I hope I uploaded this right :))

post-29565-135897415019_thumb.jpg

Archived