comfortghan for my best friend with Fibro

~Kel~

one of my best friends for many years now was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a year and a half ago. She is one of the strongest people I know, been through so much in her life: she was molested both by a stepfather and grandfather, moved many times with her parents, went through a combined 5 divorces of her parents and various step parents, a divorce of her own, helping care for her mom with MS, then burying her mom when mom decided she couldn't take any more and ODed. She's come through it all and stayed strong but the fibro seems to be the last straw, she is often depressed and withdrawn. She's been on so many different medicines and medicine combos and nothing's working. I know many of the ladies here have firbro and can relate to the pain. She does her best to care for her 10 year old DD and their home. She's fighting to get disability. I want her to know there are those out there praying for her and sending her good wishes. I'd love to make her a comfortghan that I can take when I visit at the end of June. I'm thinking 12 inch squares, her favorite color is green which goes well with the purple of the fibro awareness ribbon, white or cream would be wonderful as well, or anything with butterflies as that is part of the fibro awareness symbol as well. Thanks in advance ladies.

I usually use RH or SS but any yarn would be good, her name is Jen, thanks again ladies I know she'll love it, she has a crocheted afghan her g-ma made ages ago she and her daughter "fight" over

Just wanted to let you know Kelly the the squares for Jen went out today. I hope you like them. Thanks for letting me contribute to this project.

Andrea :hug

I'll do that

Andrea I got your package today the squares are beautiful, I'll take pics later, thanks again

Glad you liked them. Can't wait to see the finished ghan. Oh, by the way, if you should need any more squares drop me a line and I can do more. Have a great week.

Andrea :crocheting

thanks Andrea, I'll let you know, it may just end up being a lapghan, we'll see. I guess it depends on how many squares I get done, there are so many patterns to choose from I'm having a hard time deciding

oh Jamie thank you so much

It just dawned on me I said by the end of June but I never gave a deadline. I'll be in St. Louis with my family and will be visiting my friend from Jun 24th-July 1st, I'd love to take it to her then, however if I don't have the squares yet as long as I have them by the 1st I can assemble the ghan on our vacation (and show my MIL how to do it as she's a newbie crocheter) and give it to her when we got through St. Louis on our way back home.

I just finished a square of my own and am set to start my second one.

No worries.:hug I finished the one square last night and am starting the second one as we speak. I will see what I can get done over the weekend and send you what I have. I hope to be able to send you at least 2.

I should have looked a little closer at the deadline-oops

Have a nice day!

Jamie

no problem Jamie I don't think I actually put a date on before, thanks so much again.

I can't tell you ladies how much it means to me that you all are helping me out with this

thanks minisoda, I PM'ed you back

Jamie, I just PM'ed you my addy bc I realized I hadn't done that yet

Archived