How long does it take you to finish an afghan?

I have seen all of these beautiful afghans on here. I was just wondering how long does it usually take you to finish an afghan. I know it also depends on how complex and how much time you have. I was just curious how long it takes you to finish an afghan.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About a month to month and a half for the RR's and depending on the size, because I usually have other things working at the same time! *LOL*

About a month for a full size afghan/throw, although a baby 'ghan goes much quicker at a week or two tops. I'm always doing something else at the same time too. Big afghans can get boring and my crochet ADD kicks in.

I have completed a baby size rr in about a week....a full size afghan depending on the difficulty...anywhere from 1 month to 6 months. I also only crochet about 3-4 hours a day, and then not every day.

I'll be different and say a year and a half :eek I usually start one - work on it a little bit here and a little bit there off and on over the year and then buckle down to finish it.

Usually 2-3 months at least unless it's a RR. I can make one of those in a month (have made 2 so far). I'm pretty slow with afghans but I don't work on them for long periods of time. I also take breaks from it for days & generally I'm not in a hurry with them. I have BTDT & it was exhausting & I ended up in a wrist brace for 2 weeks.

My crochet time is limited because of tendinitis so I prefer smaller *weekend* sized projects or a project I can finish in a week or two (only crocheting a hr or two per day).

I am amazed at crocheters that can finish an afghan in a week or two.:crocheting

If I pushed the envelope, I might be able to do a lapghan in 2 weeks :lol

6 Months seems to be my average. I start early on it so I will be sure to get it done in time for the wedding, Christmas, etc. Work like crazy on it for a week. Get sick of it & set it aside. Pick it up the week before the due date 6 months later. Crochet like mad, get it done 15 minutes before the gifts are opened. :D

It depends upon the size. I used to be able to finish a baby afghan in a week. Larger afghans can take up to a few months, depending on the size and pattern. Now my Doctor has limited my crochet time.... boo hoo. :cry

Sometimes I get bored making too large a project, so smaller ones are better for me. Too many WIP's going on now, so must put things in priority order.

Anywhere from 4-5 days to a month or so depending on the size and difficulty. :)

Me too. I can usually do a baby size in less than a week, but it depends on what's happening in my life, too.

:manyheart

Mostly about a 2 weeks to a month if you count the time actually spent on it :D for the easier ones. My Double Wedding one didn't take me to long to make but forever to put all those pieces together!!! :( I like the term use before "crochet ADD" I think that fits me too. If I am doing an afghan that has a repeating pattern then I get bored with it. My Aran Stitch is that way now I am on the far side of middle and the stitches are repeating, ugh. Plus I see way to many good ideas for the next project here. You all are way bad for my budget :blush:devil.

:mug:cat:yarn

About two weeks for a baby afghan and a month for an adult afghan. Small Round Ripple 'ghans take about 3 days and the Adult size about a week. If it involves sewing/joining granny squares or strips then it's possibly weeks, months, or years depending on when I get the courage up to tackle it.

Anyway from a couple of days to a few weeks, depending on how long I work on it. I usually have multiple projects going on at the same time so it varies.

LI Roe

I can finish baby blankets in a weekend. Adult-sized afghans about a month if I count the time I'm actually working on that project. Like others, I get bored with too many repeats so I usually have 5-6 projects going at once to break up the monotony.

It depends......on the size, the type of yarn, and of course, how motivated I am! For example, I've been working on a baby blanket for three months - off and on.......it's SC all the way - very tedious, so I keep putting it down! Most of the time, I give myself a month to complete an afghan, no matter what.

Juli from Texas

Well I just did a Baby Tunisian Scrap-a-Nator in a morning. I got my new 10 mm "P" afghan hook friday. I made up the baby afghan mostly while waiting for 2 tires to be mounted on my DD's car saturday morning.

I have only made one afghan plus several NICU blankets. Time varies depending on other family activities. I love the baby tunisian blanket. Is there a primer for Tunisian crochet? I would like to give it a try.

I have only made one afghan plus several NICU blankets. Time varies depending on other family activities. I love the baby tunisian blanket. Is there a primer for Tunisian crochet? I would like to give it a try.

There is alot of information on Tunisian Crochet in the Tunisian Crochet Group. The 2 group starters ARNie & Kim are both very knowledgeable and sharing. Their are many links to more information.

Archived