C’ville June 2009 Tote

Tampa Doll

I was going through my stash of cotton yarn, trying to figure out what to use for the next bag. Once it is chosen, then I have to pick a name.

I came across Peaches and Cream Black Cherry, the colors fascinated me and I was curious to see how it worked. It is black, white and pink.

As I was making the bag, I said to Tampa Guy that it reminded me of a candy we use to eat at the movies as a kid. Think of black liquorish with a pink or white shell. Many memories came back of Saturday matinee at the movies. Just me and my friends along with a gazillion other kids watching a movie and eating candy like Good and Plenty, gumdrops, juicy fruits, juju beads, malty balls and Boston baked beans just to name a few.

So I decided the next few months, the bags will be a reminded of Saturday Matinees and friends.

Let me introduce Good and Plenty our tote for July.

post-105-1358974105_thumb.jpg

Tote gif

I almost forgot. The color of the bag is called Black Cherry with hot pink sides, white outline and black handles. The pocket is Hot pink with a black hook and white lettering.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love July's Good and Plenty bag. I love it good and plenty. I just love the colors. Boy do I remember the candy Good and Plenty. Good Job, Tampa Doll.

Beautiful JO... you never cease to amaze me.

Definitely one of my favorites.!!

Gratz to the lucky lady its a beaut.

i LOVE the colors. it reminds me of the 1950's. i love vintage things and i think those colors are classic 50s.

i didn't know that they made that color combo! wish they still made it.

When I come to Show and Tell I usually start at afghans and work my way down the list, BUT I saw C'Ville July tote and jumped right over here! Its a beauty as always! Great, now I'm craving Good n Plenty...thanks a lot! LOL

:turtle:vheart

Mary Jo, Beautiful bag! I really like the colors but, Did I miss "June's" bag? If so what was it called so I can go find it to take a look!:):):):)

OMGosh...................... I want that bag!!!!!!

MaryJo.... its wonderful.............. I love the colors.... and yes... it reminds me also of the candy at the movies!!!!

you do such lovely work... someone is going to be very lucky to get that bag in July!!!

:heart

:mug

"Charlie says love my Good and Plenty! Charlie says really rings the bell! Charlie says love my Good and Plenty don't know any other candy that I love so well!" Yup you brought back memories with this one Mary Jo! Anyone else remember that commercial with the simple little pencil drawing of a kid conductor in a train? Nothing simple about this tote though gorgeous!:cheer:clap:hook

Sorry everyone, :oopsI meant June:oops. Boy does the brain go south. I have July's tote done and had pictures taken yesterday and since it was the last pictures, I just put in July.:rolleyes

Glad you all like it, I thought it would be fun naming them after candy.:hook

Leatte - Peaches and cream makes this color it is called Black Cherry.

Boy Sockmad do I remember that commercial. It has been running through my head since I made this bag.

Very nice color combination.:c9 I love the candy theme idea. Can't wait to see the rest in the SWEET SERIES.;)

Archived