Nikka_hotpinkpixy

Lady Bug Coasters- NOW WITH PICTURES!!

13 posts in this topic

This is not my first pattern, but I do think it is my best. I'll have pictures up as soon as I possably can, but for now I needed to post the pattern before I forgot. So without further adeu, my Lady Bug Coasters!!

Materials:

J Hook

G Hook

Black yarn

Red yarn (2 skeins or balls)

Black Pony Beads

1: With G hook, CH 2. HDC in 2nd ch from hook 10 times, sl st in first HDC to form ring. (10)

2: in same st as sl st, HDC 2 and around, sl st in first ch to join, ch 1 (20)

3: in same st as sl st, HDC 1 *hdc 2 in next st, hdc 1 in next* and around, joining in first ch. ch 1 (30) fasten off red and weave in ends

4: Thread 6 black pony beads onto black yarn. Join to red circle in same st as last sl st. SC 5 times, bsc in 6th st. sc 3, add bead to 4th two times, sc 7, add bead to 8, sc 3, ad bead to 4th 2 more times, until black is joined with black agian.

5: In same st as first black st, HDC 1, DC2, TR 1, DC 2, HDC 1, sl st to make head fan, all in same st

6: If desired, sl st into next 3 ch, ch 6, sl st down chs, sl st into next 2, ch 6, sl st down chs, sl st to other side of head to form anteni.

7: With black, sl st down center of body to form line. fasten off and weave in ends.

8: with J hook and black, make 4 small circles with the J hook by ch 2, sc 3 into 2nd ch, sc 2 around. attach to body.

If you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact me. :hook

*HUGE thank you to JennyBunny for helping me out!!*

post-24147-135897410649_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nikka_hotpinkpixy

You did a terrific job on them all by yourself.

*gives pat on back and waits for the pictures*

Wow I have just been thinking about making my mum some coasters for a house warming pressie. Cant wait to see pics.

Oh this is great. My DSL and I were just talking last night about how she is being overrun with Ladybugs again this year. I can't wait to see the pictures. I'll have to get some pony beads so I can make these for her. :lol: crocheting :lol

I congratulate you on the terrific job! They came out really cute!

Ohmygosh! I love it! It actually looks like a ladybug. I've seen so many supposed ladybugs that didn't! This is def a keeper. Thanks!

Thanks guys :D I tried really hard and i'm so happy the way they came out! the set I made was sent off to my KISS coaster swap partner!