my doll Kathleen

peglatt

post-24113-135897406659_thumb.jpgI made this doll last fall for my neice in Mi. It is a soft sculpture from a pattern by Kathleen Early. She has fingers,toes, fully posable and the cutest little bum you ever did see.I made the clothes up as I went along. This project was a lot of fun.

:) Oh my goodness, that is adorable! I hope someday I will be able to make such detailed things.

You definitely took her pattern and made it your own! I hope your niece appreciates the work that you put into it. You did a beautiful job on the face and hair! Thanks for sharing.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I finally got the pattern and tried it! I will have to post the pic soon. His face is kinda creepy looking but for the first time not bad! The size of it makes you do a double take to make sure its not a baby on the floor! My 4 year old loves to play with it. I will definately have to work on another and maybe that one will come out looking like it is supposed to! Great job on Kathleen!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think he came out just fine. Maybe you can take either a light pink oil pastel or with a cotton ball and blush/ rouge , put a little on his lips, just slightly. This will add a little color and may help make them look more colored like lips. I think you did a wonderful job!

that is what I did. I worked on the face with blush, I crocheted eyelids(just a chain that I sewed on as upper and lower lids)I used some false eyelashes and painted on some eye details. (a little red in the cornener, catchlight and a little lighter on te iries opposite the catchlight). It looked much better after that. I did make 3 different heads before I got one that did not look so weird. Peg

Archived