Recycled Plarn Market Bags

RecycleCindy

Here is my latest plarn market bag pattern. The grey one is my market bag that features a sturdy bottom, short handles, and then an open netting type stitch for the main body of the bag. The white bag is the same pattern but has longer straps. You can mix and match the straps as I have both patterns available free for personal use.

These bags were crocheted from recycled plastic bags (plarn) but you could also make the same bags using a chunky yarn or two strands of regular yarn held together.

post-10977-135897406515_thumb.jpg Free Pattern Link Here

post-10977-13589740652_thumb.jpg Free Pattern Link Here

TFS- have been saving any plastic bags so I can attempt one of these-Even though I bring my own bags when I go shopping, I guess I can rationalize using plastic if it is going to be recycled into a bag:yes

I just recently learned about plarn and it's a lot cheaper than yarn and a great way to recycle! I love these bags, thank you!

WOW!!!! I love them!! You did a fantastic job on them!!!!

I have never had the nerve to try to make one - all the plarn cutting instructions seem so hard to do. I have tons of plastic bags but not the nerve to try making a plarn bag.

My supermarket gives 5 cents back to you per recyclable bag you use for groceries. This would be great!!!!

Thanks for sharing !!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived