Tell me where you all get the TIME to turn out so many prettys!! POLL

When do you crochet?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. When do you crochet?

• at night
    • during the day
    • on weekends
    • other, please tell me!!

Hi Everyone! I chose "other" because, although I seem to get a lot done at night (insomniac!), I work on projects any spare minute I can find, such as breaks, lunches, etc. I also bring something to work on if I am a passenger in a car. ... Or like tomorrow. I'm donating blood and you can bet that I will be crocheting between those stations they make you go through. :hook

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do most of my crochet work at night when I sit down to watch TV.

However.... I always have a WIP in a bag in my car so when I go to the Dr, for an oil change or basically anywhere that I know I will have time, I work on this one exclusively.

Right now it is a lapghan and is taking forever to complete, but at least I know it is with me at all times that I have my car. I'm not worried- it will be completed someday, but at least I always know it is there.

As long as the hotel owners are not in town, I can crochet my entire shift away. I work seconds, from 3 until 11, and I get a LOT of crochet done at work. When I'm at home, I am on call from 11 pm until 7 am from my apartment, we forward the phone calls up there, and the phone manages to ring just enough to make it impossible to fall asleep for any length of time. So I have made the overnight my private time, and after DH goes to bed, I sit and crochet for a couple more hours before I go to bed at 7 am. I sleep until about 1 and get up and do it all over again.

When I go down to the pool on my days off I take a project with me, and I always take one in the car when I make my monthly trip to Houston to my neurologist appointment.

All in all, I get a lot more crocheting done at work than I do at home just because I don't go online at work, and when I'm home, I spend about four or five hours online and the rest of the night crocheting. Although I have been known to crochet WHILE I am online. I even have a little pouch that I wear around my belt that holds a ball of thread so I can work on a thread project while I take a walk. Whaddaya mean I'm addicted? :lol

I voted other because I crochet at different times, sometimes night, sometimes day, sometimes weekends. In the Drs waiting room, in the pick up line at school, waiting for ds to get off work, just whenever I can.

I don't turn out projects fast. An afghan can take me 2 or 3 months.

A week for a handbag. Little things are a lot faster though. I slowed down a lot because of my tendinitis so I'll only work an hr or so before quitting unless unless I get really involved like a good book & you can't put it down. Then I try to take 15 min breaks every hr.

Most of the time I do crochet during the day, but that does not leave out evenings, and weekends. I am a SAHM with an empty house. Once the things get done in the morning, I am free to crochet. I also always have a project in the car so if I am going to the DR's or anyplace I need to wait I can work on it. My Dh knits, so at night we sit and watch tv and work on our projects. You needed a category that said any time.:D

I don't have kids or a husband, so I have plenty of time. Besides my time at work (which I wish I could spend crocheting since I keep caught up and ahead and have extra time--thus I'm on Crochetville a lot).

So

*morning before work.

*lunch at work

*after work

*weekends

Of course that's if I'm not sleeping, eating or whatever:lol

I work FT (more like 50 hrs), and never have time to actually 'take' a lunch break - I eat while I work (or is that work while I eat?). Add to that the hour drive each way, and I get home exhausted. I do take my crochet to work anyway, for 2 reasons: 1, in case I get any free time :haha When I've worked on something technical for 8 hours, sometimes I just need a 5' crochet break, and nobody better tell me I can't do that!! lol I work more hours than anybody there! and 2, so I can show coworkers what I'm working on. :wink

Actually I always bring crochet with me, anywhere I go. I *never* have time to crochet on the go, but I bring it anyway *just in case* I get stuck on the interstate for 3 hours (no, it's never happened). :lol

Otherwise, I try to do some at night while watching TV, but I'm often too exhausted to do anything. Weekend are usually busy, but I'll do some at night on weekends usually. I think overall, I crochet about a half hour every few days. Wish I could do more. :(

Oh my! Jo' I did answer at night but the choice is just part of the picture - like some mentioned here - the doctors office - waiting for folks - graduations - visiting with friends (they are used to me doing it) and when someone else is driving -

I am an official "bag lady" as I always have to have a crochet bag of some sort along with my purse.

Also - the reason I picked night because of insomnia most times this is when the best progress is made for me especially on multiple wips...

I can pretty much crochet whenevery I want...kind of. I have a lot of walking to do during the day and with house chores. But after that I can crochet whenever! Lately I've been doing Plastic canvas though.

I crochet anytime the opportunity presents itself. There is no set time that I crochet. I try crochet in the morning when I can before work. Lunch break, After work if it's not too late, night times when I can't sleep, anytime I have to wait someplace. and when I am a passenger in the car. But it varies day to day for me.

i voted at night, but i crochet when i can find time. during the day while my son naps of course i nap too but i get in a few rows before i do. i like to crochet while watching t.v. usually i'll work after my dh goes to bed and everything is quiet and i can work in peace. i crochet while my dh drives. i do it when i'm with friends/ family. i make things on the spot for my friends' little girl.

there are times when i wish i had my crochet. so i'm learning to take it with me when i go out for extended periods of time.

laura

I work a part time job doing in-bound sales for one of the tv shopping channels. I'm very lucky that they're located in my area and allow work from home. So I sit and crochet while taking calls. It keeps my hands busy! And during the fall/winter my boyfriend is in a bowling league. I go with to hang out and usually bring a project to work on.

• 2 months later...

I crochet when ever I can and whenever I feel like it. Right now I'm not crocheting a whole lot cause I just kinda don't feel like it. I am knitting a little more though.

Julee

I know I would get more :crocheting done, if I stayed off the Internet. I am so addicted, I have a routine I must do every morning before I get started on house work or whatever projects are in the works. First check Crochetville, then free patterns, then I go to Club Bing, and play one game of Chickconory for points to donate to Crochetville. I probably have OCD.

I checked night, because I do it in front of the tv while I pretend to be interested in the stuff my dh tvos(spelling?). I work full time and it is a great way for me to relax and I have always done two things at once it seems! (tv and crochet!)

I crochet whenever I have free time. I often crochet in the mornings before work and during my lunch hour at work. I crochet at night while watching tv. Sometimes, depending on the pattern, I can read and crochet at the same time.

Since my husband thinks he is a better driver than I am, I get a lot of crochet time when we travel. (I will continue to allow him to think that way.)

It is my favorite way to relax.

I know I would get more :crocheting done, if I stayed off the Internet. I am so addicted, I have a routine I must do every morning before I get started on house work or whatever projects are in the works. First check Crochetville, then free patterns, then I go to Club Bing, and play one game of Chickconory for points to donate to Crochetville. I probably have OCD.

I agree my internet addiction takes away a lot of my valuable crochet time. I completely put the blame on Crochetville. :lol I am on this site 98% of the time when I am on the internet. I rarely visit other sites.

Archived