1. 1. When do you crochet?

• at night
    • during the day
    • on weekends
    • other, please tell me!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to pick Other because I don't have any regular time to crochet. Being self-employed I sometimes have wwwaaayyy to much free time. :eek My cat at work is getting to used to having yarn draped over her. If I am creating a new amigurumi I can get a little compulsive about getting it to work the way I want it to. :lol My husband thinks I am a little loco, but he at least smiles when I present him with a new toy for his desk. ;) He uses them as stress balls :rofl

Someone else mentioned crocheting instead of cleaning. Isn't the carpet suposed to be gray at the edges? :rofl:rofl I will take crocheting over cleaning anytime.

:mug:cat:yarn

I picked at night but it's really whenever I can! I take my projects with me wherever I go. My DD goes to school 3 hrs a day 2 days a week, so I sit in my car and crochet! Not only is it a stress reliever, but it's also cheaper than going to the mall!!:D

Let's see....I crochet for about a half hour before I start work, when I get home from work in the evening, I'll crochet in the bedroom while watching TV while DH watches TV in the living room, and at least a few hours a day on the weekends...or weekends have been known to turn into marathon crocheting sessions. lol.

Aimee

Jobug I think I live on the net and at the ville:)

Hahaha Jean, your right, we are ALWAYS on together it seems :lol

Well I crochet whenever no really time method to me it's all random I'll crochet when I'm on the computer, watching tv in the morning well watching The Today Show Bonnie Hunt Show and my soaps. With me it's whenever the moods strikes then I'll crochet can't really say how I find the time I just don't think about it I just crochet away

Seems I need to turn the TV on in my room, so when I am in bed I can crochet...see when I was VERY ill a couple months ago, the doctor told me to NOT turn the tv on and get used to SLEEPING ONLY in my bed, as I was having a hard time getting more than an hour at a time of sleep..due to pain, ect.. me thinks I can go back to crocheting in bed, I even have a caddy I crocheted to hang from my matress down, like an arm chair caddy...so I dont roll over on my siccors..lol..

I crochet whenever the mood strikes me. I've noticed that when I really want to complete a project, everything else goes by the wayside until I'm done. DH cooks dinner and I just keep working! This week, I made a dress, completed a travelghan, made another set of coasters, planted a bunch of flowers and spent the weekend hanging out with my favorite man. (my grandson-he's 2) Today we're off to the flea market, then it's crochet in front of movies. I'm teaching my 18 year old son to crochet, so it's gonna be a looong afternoon!

I voted for other, as I can crochet during the day, at night and on weekends.

There are only 2 of us home. we are both retired, so I have all the time in the world, except for Dr's appointments, to crochet.:shrug

I am currently unemployed and there is only so much housework to do. SOOOO ... I get pretty bored and lonely. I am so thankful that I can crochet because that eases some of the boredom. I just wish my dog could talk!!:dog

See, me thinks I spend too much time on the internet..lol

:lol:lol:lol That's my problem....I spend way too much time on here and not enough time crocheting! :lol:lol

I voted for other, as I can crochet during the day, at night and on weekends.

There are only 2 of us home. we are both retired, so I have all the time in the world, except for Dr's appointments, to crochet.:shrug

Same here, with one more exception, there are times when I have pop-in company. No need to make a call or appointment to visit, everyone just knocks and pops right in, :lol.

I crochet whenever I have a free minute. Usually at night for at least an hour (not all at once usually though). On the weekends I visit my Grandmother every Sunday at her nursing home for an hour or two and always take crochet. She tends to fall asleep and I sit and work. She also likes to see what I'm working on. I also take a bag of crochet usually a hat or scarf or something whenever I have to go to a program or wait for a doctor's appt or whenever. Every minute moves the project along!!

I put "Other" because I tend to sneak it in where I can. I knit or crochet in the mornings with my coffee, because that's the one time of day where I'm completely alone and can concentrate on a more difficult pattern. I sometimes work on something during lunch if it's too nasty out for my lunchtime walk. I also like to crochet in the evening or on the weekends when watching TV (especially during the inane commercials). I also sneak it in when waiting for a doctor/dentist appointment. The other thing I do is go to a knitting group one day a week, where I can get quite a lot done. It's called a "knitting" group, but we all bring whatever we're working on. Some people even bring needlepoint or embroidery.

I'm at night, on weekends, occasional lunch breaks, when I fly, when I ride in a car, while visting friends & family, and while I wait anywhere.

Saturday I found a new one. I went to have my hair done & since it takes forever to put all of my long hair up in foils & then I had time under the dryer I got a lot done while having my hair colored. I also worked on a project while waiting at the resturant Friday night. (thank goodness my family knows me well enough to know that I am not being rude, and that I am listening while I crochet)

Mostly at night, because I work full time. DH works nearby so we meet for lunch and I don't crochet then. I used to bring my crochet to work with me for those random slow days, but I really try not to. Some people don't care, they actually like to see what I make....but I feel the evil eye once in a while...like I am doing something I shouldn't. No one would have a problem if I read the newspaper, or surf the web...but they don't seem to like the blatant relaxing.

I crochet at dr appts, lunch time and on the weekends (when I don't have my 2 grandsons) and at night when the little one (9 mos old) goes to sleep. My older grandson (4 yrs old) lets me crochet while he reads his books. He would like to learn to crochet but I'm waiting until he's little bit older. I keep my grandsons during the week while DD works late at night. She has them on the weekends.:crocheting

I try to give myself at least one hour after dinner is over and lunchbags are made. I try to hurry up with the dishes and the making of lunchbags so that I have a few more minutes to spare to crochet.

I also like to just work on a small project first thing in the morning, before everyone else gets up. It's kind of nice to have that little bit of peace and quiet to crochet.

:manyheart

Saturday I found a new one. I went to have my hair done & since it takes forever to put all of my long hair up in foils & then I had time under the dryer I got a lot done while having my hair colored.
I've taken my crochet along a couple of times when I was getting my hair colored. but I noticed that the dye has a tendancy to be kinda messy, and I don't want to risk ruining my yarn! So I don't do that anymore.

I picked other because I crochet as often as I can. I keep several WIP and there's always one in a bag in the car. I take it along to dr appointments, etc. and then I do other projects during the evenings. Most of my weekends are spent crocheting unless I have housework or errands to run.

Archived