Tell me where you all get the TIME to turn out so many prettys!! POLL

When do you crochet?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. When do you crochet?

• at night
    • during the day
    • on weekends
    • other, please tell me!!

Wow, I went to the show and tell as I haven't been able to lately with my Lupus acting up..and I see so many BEAUTIFUL things, I have had three things in the works FOREVER in a year..I know my health prevents me from doing alot at a time, but how do YOU make the time?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really make the time. Time sort of finds me :lol crocheting is like an addiction that I just can't stop doing...well atleast it's a good addicting :)

I hope you feel better :hug

I don't really make the time. Time sort of finds me :lol crocheting is like an addiction that I just can't stop doing...well atleast it's a good addicting :)

I hope you feel better :hug

Thank you Rachel! I LOVE your blog and just signed up for your newsletter! Your very kind to share your patterns!! And I LOVE Kitchen patterns, ty!!

HUGS JoAnn

I chose on the weekends, but really I crochet at various times. Just depends what my school schedule looks like. Right now, I am out of school until August and I will be :crocheting all the time :lol:lol. During school, usually it is just on the weekends and maybe in the evenings.There are times though when I am so busy with household chores/errands/kids that I don't have time to crochet for a couple of days :(:(.If my schedule has a big gap of time in between classes and I don't have homework or papers to write, I will take a WIP along with me. So for me, finding the time just varies.

Hope you get to feeling better. :hug My SIL has lupus, so I know it is very hard at times and trying most of the time. You're in my prayers. :manyheart

Oh goodness. I eat, sleep and breath crocheting! Lol. I really don't watch tv, cause with 2 boys and a baby, you can't get into it anyway. I keep the kids' activities organized, I try to do things at about the same time each day, it doesn't always work out, but we try. My 6 yo. son has ADHD, so a schedule is very helpful for him. I crochet after the kids go to school for a bit, then do all the daily stuff like playing with the baby and cleaning, then again in the pick up line at school, (we wait there for like 30-45 minutes :eek ) there's a gazillion things to do after school, so I crochet again at night after the kids are asleep. So if I have any "free" time :D I have a hook in my hands. Probably I have ocd crochet. :D I also pick most of my projects accordingly, I like light and lacy stuff because it's pretty, but also you seem to get done faster than if the piece is solid, or little things that don't take up to much time. I do have a few bigger things on my wip/to do list, but it will take me awhile to make/finish those. This was a good question. It helps put things in perspective. Thanks! ;)

Waiting for the bus, waiting for the Dr, waiting for just about anything I can get a few rows in Jo' :D I don't take it shopping with me though ;)

Actually anytime I'm not using my hands for something else is crochet time :crocheting

I crochet whenever I can which includes taking crochet with me to work on during my lunch hour. I can't just sit and watch TV, I always have to keep my hands busy. I am obsessed!

I work various hours, so not set time to crochet in the evening. I just do what I can when I can.

:manyheart

Well, I don't have small children, I don't have a DH anymore (can mean whatever you want it to mean :lol) and I'm semi-retired. I work from home, so when it's slow, I crochet, I quit smoking a year ago and need something to do with my hands and calming, crochet fits the bill. If I want to clean house, I do, if not, I don't (have dust bunnies for sure cause the multiply when I'm not looking), I can't sit without something in my hands, so it's crocheting and my health is good.

So, what I'm saying is, I do :crocheting any time of the day, any day of the week and am addicted to it! :yes

i always have my bag with me. I have a bunch of time between work, and the kids school. So i bring my crocheting and instead of driving home I sit in my car and crochet. I also take it to my sisters and moms when I visit. it gives me a break fro the holiday mish mash and seperates me from the stress of family. I take it to school with me, after a test instead of guessing what i got right or wrong I crochet. it relaxes me and then I can pay attention to the lecture after the test. so basically whenever I am sitting I crochet. and this has helped because since i dont eat while i crochet i have lost a few pounds. :lol

I voted for "at night" but honestly it's any time there are a few minutes. I always have a crochet project during my lunch time, but most of my crochet time is on weekends and at night. A rough estimate is about 3 hours a day.

I chose other, because I wanted to choose all three. I crochet whenever I get the chance, morning, noon, night. week day or week end. The minute I have a free chance, I am always crocheting.

nights while watching TV (doesn't work really for silent or subtitled movies, I've found), weekends and during waiting times like the Drs office, etc. I agree with the family visit time too. LOL

Elise

I crochet after work (sometimes during work if the boss is out LOL) and on weekends. That's why I picked "other". It went from a "passing interest" to an obsession thanks to you ladies!!! Everytime I see something I like I have to make it! :hug

:turtle:vheart

I picked at night. I also go to a weekly meetup with friends, but I rarely get any crocheting done there because I am more interested in chatting...but that's ok! My DH works nights during the week so I haul my crochet projects to bed with me & work on them there while watching tv.

See, me thinks I spend too much time on the internet..lol

I do too! I spend evenings either doing crochet or cross-stitch and I always have a project when I take my mother to her many medical appointments. I don't get as much done as I would like, of course.

Hmm, I take my crochet with me everywhere. I own my own business, so when we are slow, I crochet. With Hubby being sick lately and I have to go with him to Doctors, hospitals and chemo treatments, I have my crochet to keep me busy. At night, I listen to TV and crochet. I am on the internet quiet a bit as well. Sometimes, I wonder how I ever get any work done.

Tracey

I am blessed with a job that allows A LOT of crochet time. I'm a fulltime Paramedic on a 24 hours (minimum) shift, so after morning rig and equipment check and daily chores, we are allowed to do whatever we want between runs as long as we don't leave our territory. My partner is a reader so he sits in the sun and reads. Some guys bring woodwork projects. Some bring video games or home repair projects. I bring an insane amount of yarn.

And that's how I get so much done. I'm also finishing my Bachelor's degree online while I'm working. EMS is Earn Money Sleeping--long times of boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror!

And I love it!

Not to make it sound like we're slackers--we also keep up on our cardiology and pediatrics, train on our drug dosages and protocols, and provide a lot of public support, like sugar and BP checks, and help train our local fire departments. In between crocheting, of course! :lol

:hookColleen

I don't make any special time ....during the day , in between house work...on my breaks..while the laundry is washing ...while the rice cooks ...lol...then ..after 6, every second I have...cause after 6 I "watch"TV and I crochet. So time is any second I get.

I am retired and I crochet just about all the time I am awake. When DH was still working and we were on the road in the motorhome, I would crochet all day long. Now that we are home I don't quite as much but still crochet when I get up in the morning and then off and on all day....If I am in the car (and not driving) I crochet...

I hope you feel better..

Well, at night is when I get the longest stretches in. I generally have something crafty in my hands if the TV is on. But I also carry my crocheting around with me--in between teaching classes, sometimes in downtime at the writing center I work at, sometimes if I have an appointment I'm waiting for.

I figured out last winter break that crocheting made me happy and helped keep me sane, so I made a vow not to let it fall by the wayside during the semester (I teach English composition... to college freshmen. I need the sanity boosts). Even if I'm just dashing off a bookmark that I don't have an intended recipient for, it's still something crafty and productive, and therefore, I'm happy. That's worth a lot, so I try and keep it in mind.

Archived