New slipper socks for me!

breeze530

There is a sewing store near me that just started selling yarn. At the moment, the only thing I could afford is some Plymouth Encore which I do love. I was actually going to make the whole socks in the variegated color, but it took more than 1 skein & when I went back it was all sold out,:( so I added a cream color. I'm still not doing well photographing my work....

New slipper socks for me with cuff folded down.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brezybev/3532316815/in/set-72157603878119857/

They look great! And, I love the two tone effect! Once I get finished up with all the birthday afghans, I'm going to make some slippers and slipper socks for gifts and for me! TYFS

They look great! And, I love the two tone effect! Once I get finished up with all the birthday afghans, I'm going to make some slippers and slipper socks for gifts and for me! TYFS

Thanks Dobermama. It's so nice to make them to fit exactly like you want. Actually, I like the toe-up patterns better. The next pair I make will be out of sock yarn & are toe-up. I have a pair I made about 5 yrs ago with LB Magic Stripes & they are still in great condition. I'm sorry they took that yarn off the market.:( I haven't tried their Sock-Ease yet, but I don't like the colors as well.

There fantastic I have never done socks but you have inspired me!!!!

I'm glad you got inspired. You'll probably never want store bought ones again because you can make them to your own specifications.

Archived