All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Good Morning. Up before the sun today. Carol, it is so easy to fall asleep, especially in the sun. New roofs are noisy, but it is worth the noise. Off to check out the world. Have a fun day.
  3. Welcome to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida. Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell. We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁
  4. Aggi

Hello

Hi there my name is Aggie Marrs. I live in Phalaborwa South Africa but originally from Fife on Scotland. Moved here in 1975. I learned to crochet few years ago and love it but must admit I've not gone out of my comfort zone so just do basic crochet. I also knit and sew. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your group. Aggie
  5. Yesterday
  6. Welcome to Crochetville!
  7. Hello Lyn, I hope you got some good news from the MRI. Mary Jo, I almost took a nap sitting by the pool while my grandson was swimming, I think I woke up too early this morning. Sandra, we are having a new roof put on as soon as the roofers can get here, we already have a contract, just waiting for permits and supplies. I know the noise is awful, we replaced the roof 21 years ago and we've had some leaks recently so it's time again. I'm sure I won't enjoy the noise but I will enjoy not having to worry about more leaks every time it rains. I spent close to 3 hours this morn
  8. Sorry I messed up in going back and forth and didnt catch it was a ch 2 not ch 1 between the clusters so I said ch 1 spaces. Its says 12 chain spaces so you count the ch 1 and the ch 2 spaces. If you highlight the ch 2 spaces you will have 12.
  9. When we got the roof done i wish i would of kept the old. I was living on a miracle ,but 2 days of heck the old roof would of done. The new one is beautiful, but if i had known i had to go through crap for 2 days I don’t think i would of done it.
  10. I'm not a designer nor do I sell things I make, but I believe that is what Etsy is all about - crafters selling things they have designed and made.
  11. I want to know if there are any people that don't use patterns to design their products here in the forum? How can I sell my products that I have designed myself without using patterns?
  12. I DID frog the second try on the border after all. I'm liking this final one a lot better. 3.5 rounds to go.
  13. Good Luck on the MRI results Lyn. Just woke up from a nap. Couldn't get one this morning, as the cleaners were hear. Quite afternoon.
  14. Granny Square

Mia

Elastic has a short shelf-life, that is the last thing I'd use. I tend to be not-hard on garments and have been more or less the same size for years, and am easy on clothing and have worn the same elastic waist jeans for years, and have had to replace the elastic on most of them because the elastic has failed (dried out, it sort of got 'crunchy'). Also, you can't just run 1 line of 'something' along 1 row, you'd have to do it for every row or every couple of rows for the whole span of the blanket that is off, and that would only work for a fixing a very few inches of being 'off' before it wo
  15. Out and busy but quickly. You have one ch sp in the center of each cluster ( cluster chain cluster) which equals 4 Then you have a ch sp on both sides of your cluster sequences which equals 8
  16. I am almost there but have another problem. 12 spaces means 12 chain 1 spaces. I only count 8 spaces. Below is how I translated the round. The 8 chains are highlighted.
  17. Welcome to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida. Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell. We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁
  18. Hi! My name is Larryn, and I live near Cleveland, Ohio. I've been crocheting for a few years and absolutely love it. I enjoy making things to wear, such as tops, cardigans, cowls, etc., as well as things for use around the home like totes, doilies, blankets, etc. With the help of YouTube and various bloggers sharing their amazing talents, I've been able to teach myself (along with a large amount of patience and occasional frogging!). I look forward to getting to know you.
  19. Finishing up the banana peel today. Looking forward to seeing your Afghan.
  20. good morning out the door soon, to find out results of MRI enjoy your day
  21. Mia10

Mia

Thanks for taking the time to give your great advice. The edges are fine, I am very happy with the shape. Someone at work has suggested weaving hat elastic through. I wonder if that might work? I can imagine a slight waffle affect which may well be rather cool. Any other ideas much appreciated.
  22. Hello. Busy day here. I have my grandson visiting with me. My little granddaughter is attending the summer school program that our district is offering to help get or keep students on track after this crazy school year. So I had to pick her up today, the first day of school. I arrived at the school 15 minutes before dismissal time because my son-in-law called and said drop off was crazy in the morning and I should go early. I was in the pick up line for 1 hour and 30 minutes. After we got home we went swimming and played with legos until dinner time. Now it's time to relax and watch a movie, i
  1. Load more activity