All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. l love those cabinets Reni. I have about 3 for my cotton yarn. Then with some of my thread. They are great, cause you can move them around.
  3. Yesterday
  4. This outfit and the Monet dress are very cute on the dolls!
  5. Love your ducky loveys! As far as the battery issues, may be look for those without batteries but they are so cute that the child getting them probably won't care.
  6. Such a beautiful group of prayer shawls! I am sure the receivers of them will be so blessed by your wonderful creations
  7. Pretty hat and the poncho turned out very pretty too. Sorry to hear about the car breakdown.
  8. Lil Cutesies Nightgown
  9. Happy Patriots Day!! Contrary to popular belief this is not a day to celebrate the Boston Marathon. Or as a young PT working with me suggested a day to celebrate our football team. Today is the day the British marched on Lexington and Concord firing the shot heard round the world. (A little school house rock for those who remember.) We still have local reenacters who rise at dawn to march in costume. Thankfully the weather was perfect today, no snow or rain and not too hot. Those costumes are not heat friendly.
  10. Even problem outfits can be saved. This one didn't work out for the larger 10" baby doll but it fit the Lil Cutesies. Lil Cutesies Nightgown
  11. Good Morning. It is a bright and sunny day. All the rain is around us and we will not see any till maybe next week. So Off to work on my key chains. Hope everyone has a great day.
  12. Brenda, the church must be so happy when they see you coming. Love the bright pink one at the top of the post! Such a delicate pattern. Ha ha, it’s funny how I get all excited about one lovie and you are like “yeah, I made all of these”! I know it’s not fair to compare, but I am counting down the months to my re-retirement. 17 months if all goes as planned. 🤞 Also, my friend made a hat to go with her poncho. She’s having a lot of fun.
  13. I don’t think I posted a picture of my 2nd duck. I have a slight dilemma. I didn’t notice when I bought it but he has a battery and makes noise. I am worried that in 8 months when these are distributed that the battery will be dead and it will be a disappointment to the recipient. Should I keep my eyes open for a duck without a battery?
  14. Last week
  15. Turned in prayer shawls on Tues and forgot to post.
  16. I forgot to mention that I use one of these for my embroidery threads and felt squares. I bought mine at a type of Dollar Store though which cost about half the Walmart price.
  17. Love the colors for the hat. The poncho is adorable. Stopped to help the daughter of a friend with her crochet after Church this morning. It feels good to help the next generation along.
  18. WTD scores for the week ending 4/13/24: Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +3 Holding steady: PBLKNP 0 greyhoundgrandma 0 No Shoot the Moon winner!
  19. Today I took my dad to church and stayed in the parking lot with my crochet bag. When church was up, I pulled up to pick him up, turned off the car and it didn’t start again. So we were stuck waiting for AAA. So I was able to finish this hat! And my friend sent me a picture of the finished poncho. She’s found a few more patterns she wants to try as well. Glad she got her cro-jo back!
  20. I haven't been here since April 2nd, 0 points last week anyway. This week I used 3 more of the small balls (+3). I'm running low on pins, so I'll put magnets on the flowers instead of pins. Who knows, maybe they'll be a hit. I've been working hard on my diet/exercise and lost a pound . I still have to lose another 7 to 10 before July. WTD: + 3 YTD: + 31 Ellie 13
  21. I think I know what I was or wasn’t doing. On round 4 you would do this in the corner stitches, “2sc, sc in each of next 2) 3 times” which makes 12. Not correct is 2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 which uses 9 sc but to many stitches. Thank you. Not sure if the purse will be worth the trouble. 🙃 Janice
  22. There are 2 'ends' to your oval, right? You are increasing 3 stitches on each end, which is increasing by 6 all the way around, each round. Bringing this down from my earlier post: "...each end, for each subsequent 5 rounds, has to increase by 3 stitches to turn the corner and keep it flat." What I said in bold is sort of a 'rule' for crocheting flat circles in SC (start with 6 stitches, increase by 6 stitches each round), but in your pattern the 'round' is in '2 half rounds', 1 at each end, so you are increasing 3 at one end, 3 at the other, for a total of 6 increases each round. I hope that is not clear as mud...
  23. So cute and a great way to use those bits of yarn!
  24. Very pretty and love the flower look!
  1. Load more activity