Baseball Buddies (3images)

I came up with this pattern this week. Hope you enjoy it. :D
This pattern has not been test, so any problems just give me a pm.
I hope you like it. :hook

Baseball Buddies

post-11825-135897405943_thumb.jpg
Photobucket pic link: Here

By champygirl May 2, 2008

Materials:
Worsted Weight Yarn in white, black, red, blue, and light brown. (I used red heart supersaver yarn.)
Size E hook
Polyfil
Yarn needle
Stitch marker (I used a piece of yarn)
Finish Sizes: For ball-about 4 ½ ”h x 3 ½ ”w (at its widest) For bat- 11”h x 3” w (at its widest)
Note: These two pieces are crocheted in a continuous spiral, do not join.
Directions for Baseball: (Make 2)

Note: The ball is worked by crocheting two sides, then sewing them together.

Rnd 1: With white ch2, 6sc in 2nd chain from hook. (6sc)
Rnd 2: 2sc in each stitch around. (12sc)
Rnd 3: [1 sc in next st, 2sc in next st] Do this 6 times. (18sc)
Rnd 4: [2sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts] Do this 6 times. (24sc)
Rnd 5: [1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, 2sc in next st] Do this 6 times. (30sc)
Rnd 6: Sc in each stitch around. (30sc)
Rnd 7&8: Repeat rnd 6 for rnds 7&8. (30sc)
Finish off leaving a long tail for sewing the 2 halves together. Repeat rnds 1 thru 8 for second half and then just finish off.

Embroidering:
Embroider lines on the ball with red. To see how front and back should look see diagram below, figure 1:

post-11825-135897405948_thumb.jpg
Photobucket pic Link: Here

The red lines should line up when putting the to halves together. I constantly put the two halve together to see how the red lines go. If you have trouble, try finding a baseball you might have laying around the house.

Embroider face on with black yarn in rnds 1 thru 4. See diagram above, figure 2.

Sew the two halves together up until you have a little opening, stuff the ball and then sew the rest of the way.

Baseball Cap: (if making baseball bat too- make 2)

Brim:
Rnd 1: With blue ch2, 8 sc in 2nd chain from hook. (8sc)
Rnd 2: 2sc in each stitch around. (16sc)
Rnd 3: [2sc in next st, 1 sc in next st.] Do this 8 times. (24sc)
Rnd 4: [1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st.] Do this 8 times. Sl st in next st. (32sc) Finish off leaving a tail long enough to sew brim to hat.

Hat:
Rnd 1: With blue ch2, 6 sc in 2nd chain form hook. (6sc)
Rnd 2: 2sc in each st around. (12sc)
Rnd 3: [2sc in next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 6 times. (18sc)
Rnd 4: [1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st] Do this 6 times. (24sc)
Rnd 5: Sc in each stitch around. (24sc)
Rnd 6: Sc in each stitch around. (24sc)
Rnd 7: Sc in each stitch around and then sl st in next stitch (24 sc)
Finish off leaving a long tail for sewing cap to head.

Sewing:
Sew circle made for brim in front of hat part, sewing half of the circle into the hat part. See diagram:

post-11825-135897405949_thumb.jpg
Photobucket pic link: Here

Embroider a one to the front of it. Sew baseball cap to the top of the baseball. Do not sew the brim down! Sew cap until there is a small opening and stuff. Sew the cap the rest of the way.

Enjoy your Baseball Buddy!!!

Now for the Baseball’s Bat buddy……..

Directions for Baseball Bat:

Baseball cap: Repeat instruction for Baseball cap up until sewing it to baseball. This will be for your bat.

Bat:
Rnd 1: With light brown ch2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook. (6sc)
Rnd 2: 2sc in each stitch around. (12sc)
Rnd 3: [2sc in next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 6 times. (18sc)
Rnd 4: [1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2sc in next st] Do this 6 times. (24sc)
Rnd 5: Sc in each stitch around. (24sc)
Rnd 6: [2sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts] Do this 6 times. (30sc)
Rnd 7: Sc in each stitch around. (30sc)
Rnd 8-12: Repeat rnd7 for rnds 8 thru 12. (30sc)
Rnd 13: Sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 13 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 13 sts. (28sc)
Rnd 14: 1 sc in each of the next 7 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 12 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts. (26sc)
Rnd 15: Sc decrease next 2 sts together.1 sc in each of the next 11 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts. (24sc)
Rnd 16: 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 10 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts. (22sc)
Sew baseball cap to the top of the bat (or what you have so far), until you have a little opening, stuff and then sew the cap the rest of the way. Embroider face on bat with black yarn in between rnds 8 and rnd 15.
Rnd 17: Sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 9 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 9 sts. (20sc)
Rnd 18: 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 8 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts. (18sc)
Start stuffing bat. Stuff bat as you go along!!!!
Rnd 19: Sc in each stitch around. (18sc)
Rnd 20-22: Repeat rnd 9 for rnds 20 thru 22. (18sc)
Rnd 23: Sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 7 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 7 sts. (16sc)
Rnd 24: Sc in each stitch around. (16sc)
Rnd 25&26: Repeat rnd 4 for rnds 25&26. (16sc)
Rnd 27: 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts. (14sc)
Rnd 28: Sc in each stitch around. (14sc)
Color change to white yarn.
Rnd 29: Sc in each stitch around. (14sc)
Rnd 30-36: Repeat rnd 29 for rnds 30 thru 26. (14sc)
Color change back too light brown.
Rnd 37: Sc in each stitch around. (14sc)
Rnd 38: 2sc in each stitch around. (28sc)
Rnd 39: Sc in the back loop only of each stitch around, sl st in next st. (28sc)
Finish off and weave in ends.

Bottom:
Rnd 1: With brown ch2, 7 sc in 2nd chain from hook. (7sc)
Rnd 2: 2sc in each stitch around. (14sc)
Rnd 3: [2sc in next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 7 times. (21sc)
Rnd 4: [1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2sc in next st] Do this 7 times, sl st in next st. (28sc)
Finish off leaving a long tail for sewing.
Sew bottom to bottom of the bat (sew to the stitches of rnd 39), until you have a little opening. Finish stuffing bat and sew the rest of the way.

Here a link to a pic of them with different hat colors: Here.

Enjoy!!!!

I hope you enjoy the Baseball buddies, but watch out. With two it can be a handful. ;):lol

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl May 2, 2008. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Here are a couple links to different views:
Back view
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/426231-R1-12-11A.jpg
Side view
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Crocheted%20Toys%20and%20Bags/426231-R1-11-10A.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you totally rock!!!! Thank you!!!

this is going to be perfect for my 3 ball players! :ty

:hug:manyheart:hug

:mug

Archived